Inserting the Euro symbol (€) in Microsoft Excel is an important aspect of financial data analysis. There are several ways to insert the Euro symbol in Excel spreadsheet, by using keyboard shortcuts, the Symbol dialog box, formula, custom number formats, AutoCorrect, copying and pasting, and custom cell styles.
How to type Euro Symbol in Excel best way
Symbol Dialog Box:
To insert the Euro symbol using the Symbol dialog box, follow these steps:
In the Menu go to the “Insert” option in the ribbon
Click on “Symbols”
Select the Euro symbol from the list of symbols
Click on “Insert” to type
Excel euro symbol shortcut:
The easiest way to type the Excel euro symbol is by using a keyboard shortcut press “Alt + 0128”. This will type the Euro symbol in the selected cell.
You can also insert the euro sign in excel in a cell using the CHAR function. The formula is =CHAR(128). Simply enter this formula in a cell and press Enter.
Custom Cell Format:
You can use this option when inserting Euro Symbol in Excel in multiple cells at once. To create a custom cell format that uses the Euro symbol, follow these steps:
- Select one cell or range of cells and then press (Ctrl + 1)
- Select the “Number tab”
- Select the “Currency” option from the category
- Now select the Euro Symbol format before or after. See the below screenshot for reference-
To set up AutoCorrect to automatically replace a specific text string with the Euro symbol, follow these steps:
- Go to File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options
- Add the text string you want to replace and the Euro symbol as the replacement
- By default, it is “(e)“
- In the cell directly type (e)
Copying and Pasting:
To insert the Euro Symbol in Excel by copying and pasting, simply copy the symbol from this site and paste it into an Excel cell.
Custom number format:
You can also use a custom number format which allows you to modify how numbers are displayed in cells. To add euro sign in excel by using custom number do this-
- Select the cell in which you want to insert
- Go to press “Ctrl + 1” keys from the keyboard
- Select “Custom”
- In the “Type” field, enter “€#,##0.00” (without quotes) and click “OK”.
This will add the Euro symbol to the front of the number and format it with two decimal places.
These methods provide various ways to insert the Euro symbol in Excel spreadsheet, making it easy to include the currency symbol in your data and financial analysis.
Whether you’re using keyboard shortcuts, formulas, custom number formats, AutoCorrect, copying and pasting, or custom cell styles you’ll find that inserting the Euro symbol in Excel is a quick and simple process.